Sunday, February 15, 2009

Crunch Time

These are the times that try men's souls. Luckily, I have my beard to keep it from leaking out of my face. The studying continues, and I have been somewhat blessed because Julie is also preparing for a certification test this week. Thus, the two of us have been able to support each other in our efforts to prepare without making the other feel neglected.

As a way of keeping myself organized, I wanted to share a progress report of my work and my game plan for the coming week.

As I may have mentioned in the past, the bar contains six double tested subjects. These include constitutional law, contracts, criminal law/procedure, evidence, property/future interests, and torts. I have been hitting these subjects really hard and I feel good about all of them with the exception of evidence. Thus, evidence will garner the bulk of my attention for the rest of the day today.

Starting tomorrow, I intend to briefly rehash these six before moving onto wills. I am giving myself tomorrow for wills, Tuesday and Wednesday for civil procedure, Thursday for commercial paper and Friday for legal ethics. You may ask why I am spending only a day or two on these subjects when I have spent days on the others, and this is because these questions can only arise as essays on the bar. Furthermore, it is possible some will only be asked as a crossover in a bigger topic or perhaps, not at all. Contrast this with the fact that the others will all assuredly be tested on the multiple choice and the essays, and the division of my time should be more clear.

That leaves Saturday and Sunday for more practice multiple choice and essay problems. I also hope to at least make an effort at reading some of the past exam questions and answers by way of review. If all goes according to plan, that will leave me Monday to do absolutely nothing. In actuality, I will probably select the double tested subject I feel the worst about and again listen to the lecture for one last chance at reinforcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment