Monday, February 2, 2009

Round Two

Sorry for the crappy picture today. Apparently, the lighting in the law school library is not ideal for my laptop’s webcam. However, all is not lost as I am also attaching today’s health numbers. I have a few general observations to make about this data so far.

First, it seems the body fat readings I am getting may be more accurate than I originally thought. Upon closer review, it appears that these numbers are greatly influenced by when in the day they are taken. For example, my morning readings have been much lower, which I surmise is probably due to the fact that I am not as well hydrated in the mornings as I am in the evenings. The two abnormally high readings I have had were both taken at night. I know my more scientific readers will chuckle at my very unscientific approach of not controlling the variable of time. Just remember, I am a political scientist, not a scientist.

Second, my weight seems to be pretty steady right at 210. One noteworthy observation I have been able to make is that while my weight has remained constant, I have trimmed down a bit with some recent exercise. Charting my body fat numbers on a daily basis also seems to support this trend. This will be something interesting to continue to monitor, and I am particularly interested in when the decreases in body fat percentages will start impacting my overall weight.


Baseline NumbersStudyingStressBlood PressureWeightBody Fat
February 2, 2009Torts3(low, H)126/8421020.0%

1 comment:

  1. I am not terribly surprised that your % body fat would be changing through out the day since most people experience weight changes during the day. I am not sure how you are measuring your % body fat, but usually most instruments are more of a guide. Unless, of course, you are using water displacement...

    ReplyDelete